Old Moreton (Before Chew Valley Lake)
Memories of the past
L.E. Print on fine art paper or canvas!
size 16″ X 12″ Other sizes and full framing service available!
|Painting Price||From £29.00|
This is a view looking eastward from Woodford Lane towards Wally Court (on the left of the picture) and beyond to Denny Farm in the distance. This seemed the perfect place for Roger to show how one of the many narrow twisting lanes wormed its way up and down through the valley. Wally Court was the first substantial house to be demolished for the construction of the Chew Stoke Reservoir which was started in 1951 and completed in 1956. The family of Wally held many manors in Somerset as far back as the 13th century. The last farmer to live in Wally Court was Edmund Fred Keel whose ancestors lived there for over a century.